Randolph’s master plan is a multi-faceted document which provides a comprehensive guide for the management of future growth and development. Adopted in 2006, it was prepared by Clough Harbour & Associates LLP and Robert Michaels & Associates in consultation with town volunteers, elected officials and professional staff.
With an eye towards preserving the unique character of the township—which has made Randolph such a desirable location for residences and businesses—the master plan serves as a formal statement of Randolph’s policies regarding future land use and development.
Specifically, the master plan identifies and addresses many of the factors which have an impact on community life and focuses on Randolph’s physical, social, economic and aesthetic needs. It is designed to encourage sound growth and as such, sets forth criteria for the location of housing, commerce and light industry, and makes the protection of existing natural resources and open space a priority.
The master plan is available online in PDF format in sections as noted below or it may be viewed at town hall during regular business hours.
Looking for the 2016 Randolph Township Parks and Recreation Master Plan?
Master Plan Online
To view these PDF files, you’ll need the freely available Adobe Reader software installed on your computer.
- September 2017 Mount Freedom Planning Study Update (2,221 KB)
- 2016 Master Plan Reexamination and Master Plan Update (840 KB)
- Adopting resolution, table of contents (820 KB)
- I. Introduction (27 KB)
- II. Goals & Objectives (28 KB)
- III. Land Use Element (8,158 KB)
- IV. Community Design Element (2,537 KB)
- V. Housing and Demographic Element (360 KB)
- VI. Circulation Element (3,258 KB)
- VII. Utilities Element (2,223 KB)
- VIII. Community Facilities Element (909 KB)
- IX. Parks, Recreation & Open Space Element (3,027 KB)
- X. Conservation Element (88 KB)
- XI. Historic Preservation Element (21 KB)
- XII. Recycling Element (74 KB)
- XIII. Relationship to Other Plans (1,586 KB)
- Appendix A: Bibliography (9 KB)
- Appendix B: Historic and Cultural Sites Listing (1,659 KB)
- Technical Report #1: Route 10 Corridor Study (6,286 KB)
- Technical Report #2: Mount Freedom Village Center Report (56,651 KB)