The Randolph Township Division of Planning/Zoning Administration/GIS (Geographical Information Systems), within the Randolph Township Office of the Manager, is commonly known as the planning department.
Staffed by a planning & zoning administrator and a zoning officer, this division administers all matters with regard to township land use and planning activities.
Planning activities, overseen by the planning & zoning administrator include:
- advising on the completeness of applications pending before both boards
- interfacing with consulting engineers and planners employed by the township council and both boards
- supervising the development and maintenance of the GIS system
- administering the tree protection and replacement ordinance
Zoning activities, administered by the zoning officer, include:
- reviewing applications for development and/or construction prior to the issuance of construction permits to determine compliance with zoning standards
- issuing zoning permits and zoning certificates of occupancy
- performing regular inspections within the township to ensure compliance with zoning ordinances and approvals
- issuing warning notices and/or summonses for violations of the zoning code or violations of site plan conditions as set by the planning board or board of adjustment
- preparing reports on applications pending before the board of adjustment