2006 Leaf Collection Program
Posted: September 5, 2006
In an effort to bring the township into full compliance with New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection regulations governing storm water management and control, New Jersey Administrative Code (NJAC) 7:8-4.1 et seq. and to further advance the objectives of Randolph Township Ordinance, Chapter 42, Article III Mandatory Recycling, leaf collection services have been revised. The following points may help residents understand the new changes:
- The old practice of sweeping leaves into the curb for pick up is virtually prohibited, but permitted under very narrow exceptions.
- A resident and only a resident can place leaves at the curb or street line no sooner than 7 days before the scheduled leaf collection and not within 10 feet of a storm drain inlet.
- Contractors, landscapers, lawn services or anyone but the resident of a dwelling is expressly prohibited from placing leaves at the curb or street line at any time.
- Leaves placed in biodegradable leaf bags can be placed at the curb or street line by anyone (i.e., contractors, landscapers, lawn services, other agents of the property owner) at any time during the leaf collection season (Sept. 15 through Dec. 15).
- This ordinance will be strictly enforced against all contractors, landscapers and lawn services. The township reserves the right to enforce these provisions against property owners who permit these violations to take place on their property.
- We ask that if you miss a scheduled collection (of leaves or any other material typically collected throughout the year), that you immediately see to the removal of same. Under no circumstances should material be left at the curb with the hope that the township may return to pick it up.
- As in the past, responsible on-site leaf composting is encouraged. If you have an area on your property where you can compost leaves or can rake leaves into the woods, please utilize this option.
The Public Works Department will begin the township’s annual leaf collection program at the end of October.
- District 1
South of Pleasant Hill Rd., Calais Rd. & Sussex Tpke., Calais Rd. to Morris Twp. border
When: Weeks of 10/28 and 12/2
- District 2
North of Route 10
When: Week of 11/4*
- District 3
Between Pleasant Hill Rd. & Calais Rd. south of Route 10 and west of Millbrook Ave.
When: Week of 11/11*
- District 4
East of Millbrook Ave., south of Route 10 and north of Sussex Turnpike
When: Weeks of 11/18 and 11/25*
* Districts 2, 3 & 4: Final clean-up begins 12/9. Leaves must be curbside by this date. No returns.
Need more information or have questions?
Contact Public Works at 973.989.7066.