Cancer: Thriving and Surviving Workshop Series
Posted: September 26, 2019
The Randolph Township Health Department, Norwescap and the Regional Chronic Disease and Cancer Coalition for Morris & Somerset Counties is offering a free workshop “Cancer: Thriving and Surviving.”
This evidence-based program is for adult cancer survivors as well as family members and caregivers. The program will not conflict with existing programs or treatment. It is designed to enhance regular treatment and provide skills to coordinate all the things needed to manage health and maintain an active and fulfilling life.
- techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain, isolation, poor sleep and living with uncertainty
- appropriate exercise for regaining and maintaining flexibility and endurance
- making decisions about treatment and complementary therapies
- communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- setting priorities and more
Classes will be held on Fridays from October 11 to November 15, 2019 from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Randolph Township Municipal Building, 502 Millbrook Avenue in Randolph.