Paving Projects to Impact Dover Chester Road and Millbrook Avenue
Posted: August 24, 2015
Milling and paving of Dover Chester Road from Sussex Turnpike to the Route 10 ramp and Millbrook Avenue from Schoolhouse Road to Sussex Turnpike will take place, weather permitting, from now until September 23, 2015. All work is scheduled to take place between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. The project details are as follows:
Dover Chester Road from Sussex Turnpike to the Route 10 ramp:
- August 24, 25, 26—basin repair—no detour needed
- September 8, 9, 10—milling—detour traffic
- September 11, 14, 15—paving—detour traffic
- Traffic on Dover Chester northbound will be detoured at Sussex Turnpike to Canfield Avenue to Route 10 E to Dover Chester Road.
- Traffic on Dover Chester southbound will be allowed through.
- Traffic on Sussex Turnpike traveling east and wishing to turn left onto Dover Chester Road will be detoured to Morris Turnpike to Dover Chester Road south at which time the traffic can then join the detour to Canfield Avenue.
- No traffic from any side street or driveway on Dover Chester Road will be permitted to travel north.
Millbrook Avenue from Schoolhouse Road to Sussex Turnpike:
- August 28, 31, Sept. 1—basin repair—no detour needed
- September 16, 17, 18—milling—detour traffic
- September 21, 22, 23—paving—detour traffic
- Millbrook Avenue northbound at Sussex Turnpike will be detoured in two different directions—to Morris Turnpike, to Carrell Road, to Center Grove Road, to Schoolhouse Road to Millbrook Avenue AND to West Hanover Avenue, to Radtke Road, to Shongum Road, to Everdale Road, to Millbrook Avenue.
- Traffic on Millbrook Avenue southbound will be allowed through.
- No traffic from any side street or driveway will be permitted to travel north.