Prescription Drug Disposal Day
Posted: March 14, 2011
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will be holding its second nationwide Prescription Drug Take Back Day on Saturday, April 30, 2011 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
According to a DEA news release, prescription drugs that languish in home medicine cabinets are highly susceptible to diversion, misuse and abuse. Studies they cite indicate that a majority of abused prescription drugs are obtained from family and friends…and the home medicine cabinet.
So far, the following collection sites for unused or expired medication have been established in Morris County but check the DEA website for newly-added drop-off locations:
- Chester Twp. Police Department 1 Parker Road, Chester Twp. 908.879.5514
- Denville Municipal Building 1 St. Mary’s Place, Denville 973.627.4900 x354
- Florham Park Police Department 111 Ridgedale Avenue, Florham Park 973.377.2200
- Hanover Township Police Department 1000 Route 10, Whippany 973.428.2512
- Morris Plains Police Department 531 Speedwell Avenue, Morris Plains 973.538.2284
- Rockaway Twp. Police Department 65 Mount Hope Road, Rockaway Twp. 973.625.4000
If you’ve accumulated unwanted, unused prescription drugs, this is your opportunity to safely dispose of them.