Randolph Recovery Update - 10:00AM NOV 3
Posted: November 3, 2012
• The Randolph YMCA on Dover Chester Road is open for residents to take SHOWERS - 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
• The JCP&L outage number 1-888-LIGHTSS is working.
• We have been advised that the damage leading from the Mendham substations up into Randolph is extensive, slowing progress. JCP&L will continue to make repairs into R…andolph until the sweep is completed. Power should be restored to much of the southern portion of Randolph (south of Sussex Turnpike from Old Brookside to Morris boundary) when this work is complete.
• JCP&L’s online outage maps presents town by town data. The link for JCP&L is at the top of the Randolph website home page “Latest News”.
• Assume all low-lying power lines are live and dangerous.
• As we obtain more precise scheduling information on power restoration we will share same on this site.
• Homeowners are responsible for the service connection above their meter for JP&L to re-establish service. An electrical permit is required from the Township. Pick up a permit from Town Hall. The Construction Inspector will be in until 4:00 p.m. today.
• We will be issuing several Swift 911 alerts over the weekend in effort to keep residents informed.
• WiFi is available at the Randolph Library. The Library is reopening by 11:00 a.m. and will remain open until 8:00 p.m. Until further notice the Library will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
WEEKEND RECHARGING CELL PHONES, COMPUTERS, AND I-PADS - WARMING CENTERS- 8 a.m to 8 p.m.
• Town Hall
• Public Works Center on Sussex Turnpike
• Ironia Firehouse on Dover-Chester Road
• Water from the Randolph and Dover systems is safe for consumption.
• Bottled water is available at Town Hall and the Public Works Center and the Ironia Firehouse.
• Water for toilet flushing can be obtained at the Public Works Center and the Ironia Firehouse. Bring containers.
• The Recycling Center will be open 7 days every week until further notice. Please bring brush and leaves to the Center.
• A food waste only dumpster will be available at the Recycling Center for spoiled foods.
• Ice will be available at all warming centers.
• The state has mandated an odd/even system for all gas stations, effective noon today. If the last digit of your license plate is an even number, you can purchase gasoline on even numbered calendar days. Conserve your fuel. Run generators for short periods.
• Election Day is a “go” for Tuesday, November 6.
• Curbside Recycling collection will begin Tuesday.
• Garbage Collection – normal schedule, provided roads are clear.
CLOSURES - PRIMARY ROADS
• Alpine Drive in Mendam Township
• Combs Avenue
• Gristmill Road
• Mountainside Drive at Everdale Road
• Everdale Road from Shongum to Mountainside
• Old Brookside Road in Mendham
• Pleasant Hill Road in Chester
• South Road
• Washington Valley in Mendham Township
TRAFFIC SIGNALS DOWN AT THIS TIME
• Millbrook Avenue at Sussex Turnpike
• South Salem Street at Route 10 Ramp
• Franklin Road at South Salem Street
LEAF AND BRANCH COLLECTION INFORMATION
A separate notice updates residents on leaf and branch collection (see “Latest News” at the top of the Randolph website home page) or use the Hotline at 1-866-802-0837.
HOME REPAIRS AND FIRE SAFETY
• Beware of criminals posing as utility workers/contractors. Demand to see identification – call 9-1-1 if you encounter anyone with questionable credentials.
• The Randolph Construction Code Office is open for permits until 4:00 p.m.
• Remember that portable generators must be safely vented.
• Do not operate a generator in a closed area.
• Use fireplaces with care. If you have not had your chimney professionally cleaned, it may pose a fire hazard with a “hot” fire.
NEXT UPDATE – SATURDAY -NOVEMBER 3 at 5:00 p.m.