Randolph Recovery Update - 10:00AM NOV 4
Posted: November 4, 2012
Randolph Recovery Update - 10:00AM NOV 4
• Assume all low-lying power lines are live and dangerous.
• The JCP&L outage number 1-888-LIGHTSS is working.
JCP&L’s online outage maps present town by town data. The link for JCP&L is at the top of the Randolph web site home page “Latest News.”
• Poles are being replaced today along Brookside Road coming from Mendham Township. Once the lines are restored, JCP&L crews will work their way into the southern section of Randolph to sweep circuits. All remaining power outages fall into the category of spot outages.
• JCP&L is prioritizing spot outages for repairs based upon the number of customers without power. A repair impacting 25 homes will receive priority over a repair impacting 10 homes. We continue to understand that Randolph’s restoration will be completed in a matter of days unlike other sections of New Jersey.
Homeowners are responsible for the service connection above their meter for JCP&L to re-establish service. An electrical permit is required from the township.
• WiFi is available at the Randolph Library. Until further notice the library will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• The Randolph YCMA on Dover Chester Road is open for residents to take showers from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Sunday. The YMCA re-opens Monday morning at 6:00 a.m. and will remain open until 9:00 p.m. (weekday hours).
WEEKEND RECHARGING CELL PHONES, COMPUTERS AND iPADS—WARMING CENTERS—8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Town Hall
• Public Works Center on Sussex Turnpike – Will Close Tonight
• Ironia Firehouse on Dover-Chester Road – Will Close Tonight
• The Community Center, (next to the Library). Will open Monday morning as charging and warming centers.
• Water from the Randolph and Dover systems is safe for consumption.
• Bottled water is available at Town Hall and the Public Works Center and the Ironia Firehouse.
• Water for toilet flushing can be obtained at the Public Works Center and the Ironia Firehouse. Bring containers.
• Randolph schoolsRandolph schools will have a two-hour delayed opening on Monday. Several bus routes will be modified due to road closing.
• The Recycling Center will be open 7 days every week until further notice. Please bring brush and leaves to the Center, if possible, to assist our collection crews.
• A food waste only dumpster will be available at the Recycling Center for spoiled foods.
• Ice will be available at all warming centers today. Except for the Library.
• The State has mandated an odd/even system for all gas stations. If the last number of your license plate is an even number, you can purchase gasoline on even numbered calendar days. Conserve your fuel. Run generators for short periods.
• Halloween Trick or Treat—Monday
• Election Day is a “go” for Tuesday, November 6.
• Curbside recycling collection will begin Tuesday.
• Garbage collection—normal schedule, provided roads are clear.
• Alpine Drive
• Combs Avenue – open but low hanging wires
• Gristmill Road
• Mountainside Drive at Everdale Road
• Everdale Road from Shongum to Mountainside
• Old Brookside Road in Mendham
• Pleasant Hill Road in Chester
• South Road
• Washington Valley in Mendham Township
TRAFFIC SIGNALS DOWN AT THIS TIME
• Millbrook Avenue at Sussex Turnpike – lights are flashing
• South Salem Street at Route 10 Ramp
LEAF AND BRANCH COLLECTION INFORMATION
• A separate notice updates residents on leaf and branch collection (see “Latest News” at the top of the Randolph web site home page) or use the Hotline at 1-866-802-0837.
HOME REPAIRS AND FIRE SAFETY
• Beware of criminals posing as utility workers/contractors. Demand to see identification – call 9-1-1 if you encounter anyone with questionable credentials.
• The Randolph Construction Code Office will re-open Monday morning at 8:00 a.m. If your house was damaged by a tree, you should have an electrician check circuits in the area of the damage. Storm damage/restoration inspections are a top priority.
• Remember that portable generators must be safely vented.
• Do not operate a generator in a closed area.
• Use fireplaces with care. If you have not had your chimney professionally cleaned, it may pose a fire hazard with a “hot” fire.
NEXT UPDATE- MONDAY—NOVEMBER 5 at 10:00 a.m.
• Randolph does not anticipate any significant updates from JCP&L until late this evening. As soon as Randolph begins receiving storm alerts from Weather Works, the alerts will be posted on this site.