Randolph Recovery Update-10:30AM NOV 1
Posted: November 1, 2012
RANDOLPH UPDATE – NOVEMBER 1, - 10:30
• Travel remains very difficult as traffic signals are out of service at most all Randolph intersections.
• Approximately 55 streets are still impacted by trees with power lines.
• Two Route 10 crossings; Center Grove and Canfield are available. U-Turns can be made at Sussex Turnpike and South Salem Street.
• JCP &L advises that its substations at Mt. Fern and Mendham are being reconnected to transmission lines. Crews are working on pole replacements in Randolph.
• The President of JCP&L advised yesterday that it will take 7 to 14 days to restore power across New Jersey.
• As we begin to obtain more precise scheduling information on power restoration we will share same on this site.
RECHARGING CELL PHONES COMPUTERS AND I-PADS
• Town Hall is open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Public Works Center on Sussex Turnpike is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Ironia Firehouse on Dover-Chester Road is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Millbrook Firehouse on Route 10 West is open from 8AM to 8PM.
• Bottled water is available at Town Hall and the Public Works Center, Ironia Firehouse, and Millbrook Firehouse
• Water for toilet flushing can be obtained at the Public Works Center, Ironia Firehouse, and Millbrook Firehouse from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Bring containers.
• The Randolph YMCA on Dover Chester Road is open for residents to take showers.
• Tonight’s Council Meeting is cancelled.
• Tonight’s Flu Clinic is cancelled.
• Garbage collection is underway. Recycling collection has been cancelled for the week.
• Branch collection will begin Monday, November 5th. Please make sure that tree debris is curbside by the end of Sunday. Maximum length of branches is 6 feet.
• Leaf collection will resume on or about November 19th. A new schedule will be posted on the website.
• The State has rescheduled Halloween Trick or Treating for Monday, November 5th.
• Over the next several days, gasoline will become increasingly difficult to acquire. We encourage all citizens to conserve and minimize consumption while major distributors get their infrastructure back online. If you have a generator, it is suggested that operation is limited to short periods so as to conserve fuel.
• Remember that portable generators must be safely vented.
• Do not operate a generator in a closed area.
• Use fireplaces with care. If you have not had your chimney professionally cleaned, it may pose a fire hazard with a “hot” fire.
NEXT UPDATE – NOVEMBER 1 – 5:30 p.m.