Randolph Recovery Update - 12:00PM NOV 10
Posted: November 10, 2012
• If your neighbor’s lights have been restored and you are without power, call 1-800-544-4877. It is no longer necessary to call JCP&L twice each day to ensure that your house is listed for restoration.
• JCP&L reports that outages are down to 1300. Twenty-one crews are working in Randolph with more to arrive throughout the day. We anticipate that all circuits will be up and running by late Sunday.
• JCP&L will concentrate on individual connections as soon as the circuit work is complete.
• Homeowners are responsible for repairs to the electrical service connection on their house. If there is damage to the connection you must hire an electrician to repair the service prior to JCP&L re-establishing the service. If you have any questions please contact the Randolph Township Building Department at (973) 989-7070.
• The Building Department is expediting all permits for storm related damage.
• The Library and Community Center on Calais Road are open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. thru Sunday for WiFi, recharging cell phones and I-Pads
• The Randolph YMCA on Dover Chester Road is open for residents to take showers:
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
WATER AND ICE
• Bottled water is available at the Community Center.
• Water for toilet flushing can be obtained at the Public Works Center on Sussex Turnpike, the Millbrook Firehouse on Route 10 and the Ironia Firehouse on Dover Chester Road. Bring containers.
• Ice is available at the Community Center.
• Morris County has been declared a major disaster area by FEMA. Residents must register for assistance with FEMA within 60 days of the storm to qualify:
Online at DisasterAssistance.gov
Apply via a smartphone at m.fema.gov
Phone by calling (800) 621-3362
TTY (800) 462-7585
• FEMA is providing financial assistance for residents who suffered a loss of income related to Hurricane Sandy however you must file an unemployment claim with the State of New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development first.
• The Recycling Center will be open Monday thru Sunday until further notice. Please bring brush and leaves to the Center, if possible, to assist our collection crews.
• A food waste only dumpster will be available at the Recycling Center for spoiled foods.
• Morris County residents in need of non-perishable food as a result of Hurricane Sandy can contact the Morris County Office of Emergency Management at 973-829-8600. Please ask for Human Services.
HOME REPAIRS AND FIRE SAFETY
• Beware of criminals posing as utility workers/contractors. Demand to see identification – call 9-1-1 if you encounter anyone with questionable credentials.
• If your house was damaged by a tree, you should have an electrician check circuits in the area of the damage. Storm damage/restoration inspections are a top priority for the Randolph construction office.
CLOSURES – PRIMARY ROADS
• Everdale Road from Shongum to Mountainside
• Old Brookside Road in Mendham Township
• Washington Valley in Mendham Township
TRAFFIC SIGNALS DOWN AT THIS TIME
• South Salem Street at Route 10 Ramp
NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS
NEXT UPDATE – SUNDAY – NOVEMBER 11 at 12:00 P.M.