Randolph Recovery Update - 12:00PM NOV 11
Posted: November 11, 2012
• JCP&L reports that outages are down to 140. Twenty-one crews are assigned to Randolph today.
• If you do not have power this morning call JCP&L’s outage number 1-888-544-4877.
• Homeowners are responsible for repairs to the electrical service connection on their house. If there is damage to the connection you must hire an electrician to repair the service prior to JCP&L re-establishing the service. If you have any questions please contact the Randolph Township Building Department at (973) 989-7070.
• The Building Department is expediting all permits for storm related damage. The office will be open Monday, Veteran’s Day Observance, from 8 am to Noon.
• The Library and Community Center on Calais Road are open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. this evening for WiFi, recharging cell phones and I-Pads. The Library will be open on Monday at 9 a.m.
• Town Hall will be open Monday morning from 8 a.m. to noon.
• The Randolph YMCA on Dover Chester Road is open for residents to take showers until 5:00 pm today.
WATER AND ICE
• Bottled water and ice is available at the front entrance of the Community Center.
• Water for toilet flushing can be obtained at the Public Works Center on Sussex Turnpike, the Millbrook Firehouse on Route 10 and the Ironia Firehouse on Dover Chester Road. Bring containers.
• Morris County has been declared a major disaster area by FEMA. Residents must register for assistance with FEMA within 60 days of the storm to qualify:
Online at DisasterAssistance.gov
Apply via a smartphone at m.fema.gov
Phone by calling (800) 621-3362
TTY (800) 462-7585
• FEMA is providing financial assistance for residents who suffered a loss of income related to Hurricane Sandy however you must file an unemployment claim with the State of New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development first.
• The Recycling Center is open Monday. Please bring brush and leaves to the Center, if possible, to assist our collection crews.
• A food waste only dumpster is available at the Recycling Center for spoiled foods.
HOME REPAIRS AND FIRE SAFETY
• Beware of criminals posing as utility workers/contractors. Demand to see identification – call
9-1-1 if you encounter anyone with questionable credentials.
• If your house was damaged by a tree, you should have an electrician check circuits in the area of the damage. Storm damage/restoration inspections are a top priority for the Randolph construction office.
CLOSURES – PRIMARY ROADS
• Everdale Road from Shongum to Mountainside
• Old Brookside Road in Mendham - Limited Access
TRAFFIC SIGNALS DOWN AT THIS TIME
• South Salem Street at Route 10 Ramp – Technician is working on the light this a.m.
NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS
NEXT UPDATE – MONDAY – NOVEMBER 12 at 12:00 P.M.