Randolph Recovery Update- 1:30PM NOV 2
Posted: November 2, 2012
RANDOLPH UPDATE – NOVEMBER 2, - 1:30 p.m.
• The Randolph YMCA on Dover Chester Road is open for residents to take SHOWERS.
• The JCP&L outage number 1-888-LIGHTSS is working.
• JCP&L is concentrating on the circuits coming up from the Mendham substations today.
• Power should be restored to much of the southern side of Randolph as the sweep is completed.
• Assume all low low-lying power lines are live and dangerous.
• We believe that Randolph will have power restored within the 7-day timeframe originally announced by JCP&L. Harder hit shore towns will be out longer.
• As we begin to obtain more precise scheduling information on power restoration we will share same on this site.
• The Township lost its internet connection with the storm. Restoration should occur by the end of today.
• We will be issuing several Swift 911 alerts over the weekend in effort to keep residents informed.
RECHARGING CELL PHONES, COMPUTERS, AND I-PADS - WARMING CENTERS
• Town Hall is open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. – Warming Center
• Public Works Center on Sussex Turnpike is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. – Warming Center
• Ironia Firehouse on Dover-Chester Road is open from 8 a.m. to 8 pm. – Warming Center
• Millbrook Firehouse on Route 10 West is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. – Closing at the end of day
• Family Life Church at 6 Emery Avenue, Suite 5 is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today. – Warming Center
• Bethlehem Church at 751 Route 10 is open until 4 p.m. today.
• Water from the Randolph and Dover systems is safe for consumption.
• Bottled water is available at Town Hall and the Public Works Center, Ironia Firehouse, and Millbrook Firehouse.
• Water for toilet flushing can be obtained at the Public Works Center, Ironia Firehouse, and Millbrook Firehouse from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Bring containers.
• Garbage collection is underway, but may be interrupted due to fuel shortages. Recycling collection has been cancelled for the week.
• A food waste only dumpster will be available at the Recycling Facility for spoiled foods.
• Traffic signals are up on Route 10. The only signal outage is at Millbrook and Sussex Turnpike.
• Travel remains difficult until power lines and tree debris is cleared – Most primary roads are open as of this hour.
• Ice will be available (limited quantities) at Town Hall.
• Gasoline is very scarce and is expected to be in short supply for the next week. Conserve your fuel.
Run generators for short periods.
• Election Day is a “go” for Tuesday, November 6.
HOME REPAIRS AND FIRE SAFETY
• Beware of criminals posing as utility workers/contractors. Demand to see identification – call 9-1-1 if you encounter anyone with questionable credentials.
• The Randolph Construction Code Office is open, issuing permits and conducting inspections.
• Remember that portable generators must be safely vented.
• Do not operate a generator in a closed area.
• Use fireplaces with care. If you have not had your chimney professionally cleaned, it may pose a fire hazard with a “hot” fire.
NEXT UPDATE – NOVEMBER 2, 5:30 p.m.