Randolph Recovery Update- 5:30 NOV 2
Posted: November 2, 2012
RANDOLPH UPDATE – NOVEMBER 2, - 5:30 p.m.
• The Randolph YMCA on Dover Chester Road is open for residents to take SHOWERS - 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
• The JCP&L outage number 1-888-LIGHTSS is working.
• We have been advised that the damage leading from the Mendham substations up into Randolph is extensive, slowing progress. JCP&L will continue to make repairs into Randolph until the sweep is completed. Power should be restored to much of the southern portion of Randolph when this work is complete.
• JCP&L advises that later this evening, online outage maps will present town by town data estimating the power restoration time frame. The link for JCP&L is at the top of the Randolph website home page.
• Assume all low-lying power lines are live and dangerous.
• As we begin to obtain more precise scheduling information on power restoration we will share same on this site.
• Homeowners are responsible for the service connection above their meter for JP&L to re-establish service. An electrical permit is required from the Township.
• The Township’s internet connection has been restored.
• We will be issuing several Swift 911 alerts over the weekend in effort to keep residents informed.
WEEKEND RECHARGING CELL PHONES, COMPUTERS, AND I-PADS - WARMING CENTERS- 8 a.m to 8 p.m.
• Town Hall
• Public Works Center on Sussex Turnpike
• Ironia Firehouse on Dover-Chester Road
• Water from the Randolph and Dover systems is safe for consumption.
• Bottled water is available at Town Hall and the Public Works Center and the Ironia Firehouse.
• Water for toilet flushing can be obtained at the Public Works Center and the Ironia Firehouse. Bring containers.
• The Recycling Center will be open 7 days every week until further notice. Please bring brush and leaves to the Center.
• A food waste only dumpster will be available at the Recycling Center for spoiled foods.
• Ice will be available at all warming centers.
• Gasoline is very scarce and is expected to be in short supply for the next week. Conserve your fuel.
Run generators for short periods.
• Election Day is a “go” for Tuesday, November 6.
• Curbside Recycling collection will begin Tuesday.
• Garbage Collection – normal schedule, provided roads are clear.
CLOSURES - PRIMARY ROADS
• Alpine Drive in Mendam Township
• Combs Avenue
• Franklin Road behind K-Mart
• Gristmill Road
• Mountainside Drive at Everdale Road
• Everdale Road from Shongum to Mountainside
• Old Brookside Road
• Pleasant Hill Road in Chester
• South Road
• Washington Valley in Mendham Township
TRAFFIC SIGNALS DOWN AT THIS TIME
• Millbrook Avenue at Sussex Turnpike
• South Salem Street at Route 10 Ramp
• Franklin Road at South Salem Street
LEAF AND BRANCH COLLECTION INFORMATION
A separate notice will update residents on leaf and branch collection.
For information use the Hotline 1-866-802-0837
HOME REPAIRS AND FIRE SAFETY
• Beware of criminals posing as utility workers/contractors. Demand to see identification – call 9-1-1 if you encounter anyone with questionable credentials.
• The Randolph Construction Code Office is open, issuing permits and conducting inspections.
• Remember that portable generators must be safely vented.
• Do not operate a generator in a closed area.
• Use fireplaces with care. If you have not had your chimney professionally cleaned, it may pose a fire hazard with a “hot” fire.
NEXT UPDATE – SATURDAY -NOVEMBER 3 at 10:00 a.m