Randolph Recovery Update-5:30PM Oct 31
Posted: October 31, 2012
RANDOLPH RECOVERY UPDATE – OCTOBER 21 5:30PM
• Travel remains very difficult as traffic signals are out of service at most all Randolph intersections.
• All Route 10 crossings are closed except for Center Grove Road which will be open until 8AM to 8PM. U-Turns can be made at Sussex Turnpike and South Salem Street.
• JCP&L advises that a crew arrived at the Mt. Fern Substation earlier today and is working on restoration. Crews are beginning to make repairs on damaged lines in Randolph.
• Power outages are wide spread across Randolph. We continue to be advised by JCP&L that a full recovery may not be achieved until early next week.
RECHARGING CELL PHONES, COMPUTERS AND I-PADS
• Town Hall is open from 7AM to 8PM.
• Public Works Center on Sussex Turnpike is open from 8AM to 8PM.
• Ironia Firehouse on Dover Chester Road is open from 8AM to 8PM.
• Millbrook Firehouse on Route 10 West is open from 8AM to 8PM.
• Bottled water is available at Town Hall and the Public Works Center.
• Water for toilet flushing can be obtained at the Public Works Center, Ironia Firehouse and Millbrook Firehouse from 8AM to 8PM. Bring containers.
• Garbage collection is underway. Recycling collection has been cancelled for the week.
• Branch collection will begin Monday, November 5th. Please make sure that tree debris is curbside by the end of Sunday. Maximum length of branches is 6 feet.
• Leaf collection will resume on or about November 19th. A new schedule will be posted on the website.
• The State has rescheduled Halloween Trick or Treat for Monday, November 5th.
• Over the next several days gasoline will become increasingly difficult to acquire. We encourage all citizens to conserve and minimize consumption while major distributors get their infrastructure back online.
• Randolph Schools are closed for the remainder of the week.
• Remember that portable generators must be safely vented.
• Do not operate a generator in a closed area.
• Use fireplaces with care. If you have not had your chimney professionally cleaned, it may pose a fire hazard with a “hot” fire.
NEXT UPDATE - NOVEMBER 1 – 10:30AM