Randolph Storm Update - 10am Oct 31
Posted: October 31, 2012
RANODLPH RECOVERY UPDATE - OCTOBER 31 10AM
• Travel remains very difficult as traffic signals are out of service at most all Randolph intersections.
• All Route 10 crossings are closed except for Center Grove Road which will be open until 8PM tonight. U-Turns can be made at Sussex Turnpike and South Salem Street.
• JCP&L advises that a specialized team is being assembled to repair Mt. Fern Substation. Once the Substation is restored, crews will fan out and repair damaged lines in Randolph.
• Power outages are wide spread across Randolph. We are advised by JCP&L that a full recovery may not be achieved until early next week.
RECHARGING CELLPHONES, COMPUTER AND I-PADS
• Town Hall is open until 8PM. We will re-open tomorrow at 7AM (bottled water is available).
• Public Works Center on Sussex Turnpike is open until 8PM. We will re-open tomorrow at 8AM (bottled water is available).
• The Ironia Firehouse on Dover Chester Road is open until 8PM.
• The Millbrook Fire House on Route 10 West is open until 8PM.
• Garbage collection is underway. Recycling collection has been cancelled for the week.
• Branch collection will begin Monday. Please make sure that tree debris is curbside by the end of Sunday. Maximum lengthy of branches is 6 feet.
• Leaf collection will resume on or about November 19th. A new schedule will be posted on the website.
• Municipal Court is cancelled.
• Shongum Firehouse Trunk or Treat is suspended. Check this site for updates.
• Halloween Trick or Treat is suspended. Check this site for updates.
• The Randolph A&P and ACME are open.
• Service Stations are open along Route 10 in Roxbury (anticipate lines).
• Remember that portable generators must be safety vented.
• Do no operate a generator in a closed area.
• Use fireplaces with care. If you have not had your chimney professionally cleaned, it may pose a fire hazard with a “hot” fire.
NEXT UPDATE 5PM