502 Millbrook Avenue, Randolph, NJ 07869-3799
Tel: 973.989.7100Fax: 973.989.7076

Services: Health & Wellness

Product Safety

This page displays the latest recalls and product safety news items from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Clicking on a headline will take you to the full article at the CPSC’s website.

American Woodcrafters Recalls Bunk Beds Due to Fall Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Havertys (Recall Alert)
August 28, 2014 The Cottage Retreat II bunk bed’s side mattress support rails can break.
Swimwear Anywhere Recalls Little Marc Jacobs Girls Hooded Jackets Due to Strangulation Hazard (Recall Alert)
August 27, 2014 A child can strangle if the drawstring in the jacket’s hood gets caught on the playground slide, school bus door or elsewhere.
Multi-Purpose Outdoor Shelters Recalled By Sunjoy Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at BJ’s Wholesale Club (Recall Alert)
August 27, 2014 The fabric canopy on the shelters fails to comply with the voluntary flammability standard.
NRS Recalls Water Sports Helmets Due to Risk of Head Injury
August 27, 2014 The rivets holding the chin strap to the helmet can fail and cause the helmet to fall off, posing a risk of head injury.
Goodman Company Recalls Air Conditioning and Heating Units Due to Burn and Fire Hazards
August 27, 2014 The power cords on the units can overheat, posing burn and fire hazards.
Cree Recalls LED Light Fixtures Due to Laceration Hazard (Recall Alert)
August 26, 2014 The glass lens on the fixture can break, posing a laceration hazard.
Hewlett-Packard Recalls Notebook Computer AC Power Cords Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
August 26, 2014 The AC power cord can overheat, posing a potential fire and burn hazard.
Two Deaths Reported with Ace Bayou Bean Bag Chairs; Recall Announced Due to Suffocation and Choking Hazards
August 22, 2014 Kids can open the chair’s zippers, crawl inside and suffocate and choke on the foam beads.
WilliamsRDM Recalls StoveTop FireStop Microhood Due to Safety Hazard (Recall Alert)
August 21, 2014 The Microhood’s front canister can fall from the unit and fail to suppress the fire.
SolarWorld Recalls Solar Systems with Copper Grounding Lugs Due to Electrocution, Electric Shock or Fire Hazard
August 21, 2014 The bare-copper grounding lugs installed with SolarWorld Solar Systems can corrode, resulting in a faulty ground circuit. This poses a risk of shock, electrocution and fire.
Attwood Recalls Kayak and Watersports Storage Hanger Due to Injury Hazard
August 20, 2014 The adjustment buckles can release unexpectedly, causing the stored item to fall and injure people nearby.
Golden Artist Colors Recalls QoR Synthetic Ox Gall due to Skin Irritation (Recall Alert)
August 19, 2014 Consumers could experience an allergic skin reaction after long periods of skin contact.
Bexco Recalls Franklin & Ben Mason 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs Due to Fall and Entrapment Hazards
August 19, 2014 The side panels on the Franklin & Ben Mason style cribs can separate and create a hazardous gap. This poses a fall hazard and risk of entrapment.
BRITA Recalls Children’s Water Bottles Due to Laceration Hazard
August 19, 2014 Children’s cartoon character water bottle lid can break into sharp pieces, posing a laceration hazard.
Snowmobiles Recalled by Arctic Cat Due to Fuel Leak and Fire Hazard (Recall Alert)
August 14, 2014 Fuel can leak from the Arctic Cat XF 7000 and ZR 7000 snowmobiles’ fuel line assembly, posing a fire hazard to riders.
Vornado Air Recalls Electric Space Heaters Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
August 14, 2014 The Whole Room Vortex heater, model VH110, can overheat and cause the units to melt, catch fire and ignite nearby items.
ESL, Interlogix Hard-Wired Smoke Alarms Recalled Due to Failure to Alert Consumers of a Fire
August 13, 2014 Radio frequency interference can cause the smoke detectors to fail.
JPC Equestrian Recalls Stirrup Leathers Due to Fall Hazard
August 12, 2014 The Henri De Rivel pre-stretched, 48-inch and 54-inch stirrup leathers can crack and break while in use. This poses a fall hazard to the rider.
CoScentrix Recalls Candles in Metal Tins Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Hobby Lobby
August 12, 2014 High flames from the “DD” brand CoScentrix candles can ignite the surface wax and the polymer coating on the tin-plated container. This poses a fire hazard.
Lea Industries Recalls Lighted Night Stands Due to Burn Hazard
August 7, 2014 The 20-watt halogen bulb under the night stands can overheat, scorch carpet, and poses a burn hazard.