- Township Manager
John C. Lovell
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Township of Randolph
502 Millbrook Ave.
Randolph, NJ 07869
As prescribed by Randolph’s Council-Manager form of government, Township Manager John Lovell serves as both the Chief Executive and Chief Administrative Officer of the township. Mr. Lovell, who oversees all municipal departments, coordinates the day-to-day operations of the community and carries out the policies as set by the elected Township Council.
Acting as the principal liaison between council members, township departments and the general public, the Township Manager oversees a broad spectrum of township functions. The Manager’s duties include:
- preparation of council meeting agendas
- execution and enforcement of township ordinances, resolutions and other council policies
- appointment of township personnel
- administration of the Morris County Cooperative Purchasing Council
- maintenance and development of the township’s computer network and Management Information Systems (MIS)
- oversight of township purchasing and capital improvement projects
- preparation and presentation of the township’s annual budget
- coordination of municipal property and open space purchases
- solicitation of grant funding from a variety of sources
- preparation of all township communications (quarterly newsletters, annual report and web site)
- township representation before agencies including the Board of Education, neighboring governmental jurisdictions, Morris County and the State of NJ
The Township Manager’s immediate staff consists of a purchasing coordinator and two administrative assistants. Mr. Lovell maintains an open door policy and encourages residents who wish to visit and meet with him to contact his office at 973.989.7060 to schedule an appointment.
John Lovell has served as Randolph’s Township Manager since September 1998. Mr. Lovell has over 30 years of experience in municipal government. He received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Arizona and a master’s degree in Public Management from Rider University. A Randolph homeowner since 1999, Mr. Lovell and his wife reside in the Ironia section. As residents, they are stakeholders in our community’s future.