502 Millbrook Avenue, Randolph, NJ 07869-3799
Tel: 973.989.7100 • Fax: 973.989.7076
Police: Local Ordinances
- Abandoned Vehicles
- The keeping, storage or abandonment of any motor vehicle not currently used for transportation, or not licensed for operation in the current year, out of doors within the limits of the township is a nuisance and contrary to the public health, safety and welfare of the inhabitants of the township.
- All residential and business alarm systems must be registered with the Randolph Township Police Department.
- The police have municipal authority to enforce Randolph’s animal ordinances.
- House Numbering
- Randolph requires that owners of residences and commercial properties display their assigned street numbers in a manner proscribed by ordinance to ensure no delay occurs in case an emergency response.
- Miscellaneous Offenses
- A sampling of police-enforced laws in Randolph you may or may not be familiar with.
- Details about the rules and regulations pertaining to noise levels, including maximum permissible sound levels.
- Overnight Parking
- Overnight parking is not permitted between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on most township streets
- Roadway Obstructions
- Property owners must take steps to insure that no fences, bushes, hedges, trees or other obstructions interfere with the roads so as to create a hazard for passersby.
- Snow Removal
- Snow and ice must be removed from sidewalks listed in designated walking routes within 12 hours of daylight after any snowfall or accumulation of ice.
- Township residents are advised that Randolph has an ordinance regulating door-to-door solicitors and peddlers, both profit-making and nonprofit ones.