The 15 Minute Child Break
Posted: February 15, 2017
The Randolph MAC will be hosting the Partnership for a Drug-Free New Jersey’s “15 Minute Child Break” program on Thursday, February 23, 2017 from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Randolph YMCA.
The 15-Minute Child Break is a free substance abuse prevention education program for parents, grandparents and caregivers who are concerned about children of any age and substance abuse.
Research shows that kids who communicate regularly with their parents—an average of 15 minutes per day—about their daily activities are 67% less likely to be involved in substance abuse than children who have little or no communication.
The program will cover topics such as:
- talking to your kids about drugs and alcohol
- influence of media and pop culture
- effects of specific drugs
- keeping your kids drug-free
- strengthening parenting skills
- utilizing teachable moments
Spend an hour learning how to talk to your kids about drugs and alcohol.