2022 Leaf Collection Program
Posted: September 7, 2022
December 22, 2022: The leaf collection for all districts has been completed for the 2022 season. Residents should not put any more leaves at the curb. If you still have leaves needing to be picked up, please put them in the brown biodegradable bags and call Engineering at 973.989.7066 to arrange for a bagged leaf pick up. The bags will be picked up on the Monday following your request.
The public works department will begin the township’s annual leaf collection program at the end of October. The specific information by district can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Residents, landscapers, contractors and lawn services may place loose leaves at the curb.
- Leaves should be placed only in locations on the property ten or more feet from any storm sewer inlet on the street.
- Only leaves should be placed at the curb; brush, grass, rocks and any other materials should never be included with the leaves.
- Leaves cannot be placed at the curb any earlier than seven days prior to the week of the scheduled collection date.
- Leaves need to be placed at the curb prior to the Saturday in which your district is scheduled to begin pick up.
- Residents are urged to dispose of leaves on their own properties whenever possible since the stormwater regulations instituted by the state make it necessary to reduce the volume of leaves placed at the street.
- Blowing leaves into wooded areas, placing leaves on acid loving plants such as pachysandra, or creating backyard compost piles will minimize costs associated with the collection and trucking of the leaves to a compost facility outside the township limits. Such disposal in wooded areas or on acid loving plants is also beneficial to properties.
- Placing leaves and other yard waste on township parkland and open space is not permitted and is a violation of state regulations.
Violations of any of the above requirements will continue to be enforced by the health department and could result in a court summons being issued.
For residents who prefer to bag leaves instead of waiting for their district’s scheduled collection, the Randolph Township Department of Public Works will collect leaves placed in biodegradable bags on Mondays. To schedule a Monday collection, please call the engineering department at 973.989.7066 by 3:30 p.m. on the prior Friday. This service is offered as a courtesy to residents.
Anticipated Collection Schedule (collections start on Saturdays and occurs throughout the respective WEEK):
Not sure what district your street is in? View a listing of streets and districts .
- District 1
South of Pleasant Hill Rd., Calais Rd. & Sussex Tpke., Sussex Tpke. to Morris Twp. border
When: Collection STARTS on 10/22 and 11/26
- District 2
North of Route 10
When: Collection STARTS on 10/29 and 12/3
- District 3
North of Pleasant Hill Rd. & Calais Rd., south of Route 10 and west of Millbrook Ave.
When: Collection STARTS on 11/5 and 12/10
- District 4
East of Millbrook Ave., south of Route 10 and north of Sussex Turnpike
When: Collection STARTS on 11/12 and 12/17
Need more information or have questions? Contact the DPW at 973.989.7066.