Governor’s Declaration Regarding COVID-19
Posted: March 16, 2020
All residents and business owners should be advised that earlier today, Monday, March 16, 2020, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed Executive Order 104 in response to the Novel Coronavirus - COVID-19 establishing the following restrictions, prohibitions and recommendations for specified businesses, schools and the general population:
- New Jersey will be joining New York and Connecticut in closing down movie theaters, gyms, fitness centers and entertainment centers effective 8:00 p.m. tonight and will remain closed moving forward.
- Gatherings larger than 50 people will be prohibited.
- All public, private and parochial preschool program premises and elementary and secondary schools, including charter and renaissance schools, shall be closed to students beginning on Wednesday, March 18 and shall remain closed.
- All restaurants, dining establishments and food courts are permitted to operate their normal business hours, but are limited to offering only food delivery and/or take-out services.
- Establishments such as grocery/food stores, pharmacies, medical supply stores, gas stations, healthcare facilities and ancillary stores within healthcare facilities will not be affected by the mandatory 8:00 p.m. closures. They will remain open to provide services for all residents.
- The governor recommends that people should not travel between 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.