Storm Preparations December 16, 2020
Posted: December 16, 2020
Be Prepared: Keep electronic devices charged; keep a flashlight and extra batteries handy; if you have a well and/or septic, keep an emergency supply of water on hand; stock some emergency foods that do not need to be cooked.
Stay Safe: Never use a portable generator inside the house or in a closed garage; never use gas stoves or kerosene heaters to keep warm as they can cause carbon monoxide to build up in your home; never go near downed wires and report them immediately to the police department and JCP&L.
- In the event of power loss, please call JCP&L at 1-888-544-4877 to report the outage, or click “Report Outage” link at the JCP&L website. For storm updates, follow JCP&L on Twitter @JCP_L and on Facebook at JCPandL.
- There is no parking on township streets during the storm and subsequent snow removal. This will be strictly enforced. Residents are also encouraged to avoid travel if possible.
- Snow plow contractors should never plow snow into the roadways. Also, residents need to shovel sidewalks and fire hydrants on their property.
- In the event of an emergency, dial 911.
- Any updates during the storm will be posted here and on the township Facebook page.