Interested in sponsoring a town event or how about all the events for the year? Click on an application below for more information.
- Fashion First Classes at the Community Center SOLD OUT
- January 10, 24 & 31 February 7, 14, & 28 March 7 & 14, 2022
4:30 - 5:30 p.m., 5:30 - 6:30 p.m., 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Ages 10-17 (2 spots left) / Ages 7-9 (sold out)
Ages 7-17 are welcome with no sewing experience is necessary! Price includes supplies and use of sewing machines. All students will help plan their very own fashion runway show, where they will model their design and learn how to make pajama pants. Please indicate the skill level during registration (Community Pass). $195 per student (8 weeks).
- Canning Talk with Daryl Minch at the Community Center
- January 25, 2022
7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Want to preserve locally grown produce or love the taste of homemade jam? Learn the best methods to can foods for fruit, vegetables, pickles, jams & jellies, and more. Daryl Minch, Family & Community Health Sciences Educator, Rutgers Cooperative Extension, will discuss why safety is critical, equipment, techniques, and resources for recipes. $10 per person.
- Thor: Past & Present at the Community Center
- February 11, 2022 - Registration starts January 3, 2022
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
This interactive presentation delves into the mythological roots of modern representations and adaptations of Norse Mythology, centering particularly upon Thor, God of Thunder. After a brief introduction, several defining tales about Thor will be told and then connected and compared to the modern depiction in popular culture, including, but not limited to, the recent Marvel film adaptations. Specific attention will be paid to the similarities and differences between traditional stories and contemporary representations to explore the tensions between the modern world and mythology. A talk by Dr. Matthew Jones of CCM! $10 per person.
- Pet CPR at the Community Center
- February 19, 2022 - Registration starts in January 2022
11:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Class includes: Canine/Feline CPR and First Aid Manual e-book, an official certificate, and a 2-year membership to Pet Emergency Education virtual resource center. $75 if registered before January 15th, $80 starting on the 16th.
- Mardi Gras Dinner at the Community Center
- March 5, 2022 - Registration starts in January 2022
6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Enjoy a three-course New Orleans themed meal with a live DJ. Cost: TBA
Appetizer: Wedge Salad, Andouille Sausage Puffs or Gumbo
Dinner: Jambalaya (Meat), Jambalaya (Vegetarian) or Cajun Chicken
Side Dishes: Corn on the Cob, Collard Greens & Cheddar Biscuits or Hush Puppies
Dessert: King Cake or Bananas Foster
- Soap Making Class at the Community Center
- March 18, 2022 - Registration starts in January 2022
7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Gather your friends or a date for a fun night out crafting handmade natural soap! No experience necessary and all materials are provided to craft two bars of soap with guidance from a certified soap artisan. Cost: $55 per person.
- Murder on the Titanic at the Community Center
- March 26, 2022 - Registration starts in January 2022
7:00 - 9:30 p.m.
Enjoy the mystery dessert bag, waltz to the music, but stay alert…rumor has it that one of the passengers is harboring a dark secret and may go as far as murder to keep the truth from being known. Can you solve this century-old mystery before it is too late? $40 per person (includes mystery dessert bag and show).
- Chocolate Tasting Workshop at the Community Center
- April 1, 2022 - Registration starts January 3, 2022
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
This class will dive into the world of chocolate, from the growing fields to the store shelf. Take a journey with renowned chocolatier Michael Canzano of J. Emanuel Chocolatier as he discusses chocolate origins, health benefits, myth-busting facts, and how he works with chocolate to create confections. During the lecture enjoy tasting a variety of chocolates and special treats from his shop in Chester, NJ. $15 per person.
- Bike Rodeo at Veterans Community Park
- April 2, 2022 - Registration starts January 17, 2022
3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Learn about bike safety from one of our friendly local police officers. Then your child can navigate several obstacles at the desired slot chosen on Community Pass. While waiting for their turn, there will be a face painter to make things even more fun! Then there will be a raffle followed by a grand bike parade at 4:45 p.m. FREE.
- Easter Egg Hunt at TBA Location
- April 10, 2022 - Registration starts February 1, 2022
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Time Slots Available)
Children Ages 2-10
Hunt for eggs at a TBA location with a limit to ten per child. Bring your own basket and take photos with the Easter Bunny. Enjoy bagels, fruit, assorted pastries, and drinks. $5 per person (only sign up the children). Parents are free.
- WW I: When Broadway Conquered the World at the Community Center
- April 29, 2022 - Registration starts February 1, 2022
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
World War I and fighting has broken out in Europe. At this time, Broadway also began exporting hits, which would entertain the world for many decades to come. John Kendrick, a leading expert on musicals and founder of Musicals101.com, is the speaker for this event. Cost $10 per person.
- Perfume Making Workshop
- May 7, 2022 - Registration starts February 1, 2022
2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Learn how to make perfume from the foremost fragrance authority and perfume designer, Sue Phillips (Scenterprises). During this hands-on workshop, you will discover the history of perfume and preferences before making your own to take home! Scents for men are available too! $85 per person. Space is limited.
- Art Bingo Hunt at Veterans Community
- May 2-18, 2022 - No Registration Required
Sunrise to Sunset
Locate the 24 posts in Veterans Community Park (100 Calais Rd) and cross out the pictures as you find them. Once you cross out all the spaces on your board, shout, BINGO! Some of the posts will also have letters that spell out a famous artist’s name. Can you uncover the identity of the mystery person? FREE.
- Candle-Making Class at the Community Center
- May 12, 2022 - Registration starts February 1, 2022
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Participants will learn how to make custom scented candles. Participants will be taught about the best candle-making practices as well as candle safety. $75 per person (includes a candle you can take home).
- Arts in the Park at Veterans Community Park
- May 21, 2022 - No Registration Required
11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
There will be art, crafters, food, and live performances throughout the day. Attend with your friends and family.