502 Millbrook Avenue, Randolph, NJ 07869-3799
Tel: 973.989.7100Fax: 973.989.7076

Police: Reports & Permits

Handicapped Parking

Handicapped parking permits (placards) are available for those who are either temporarily or permanently handicapped. Pursuant to state statute, however, the police department can only issue temporary placards. The permit is good for six months and may be renewed one time for an additional period of up to six months.

In order to acquire a temporary handicapped parking permit:

  • Obtain an application from the department’s records bureau or download the state’s fillable form .
  • Have a doctor certify the application.
  • Return the completed application to the police department with a check or money order in the amount of $4.00 made payable to the Motor Vehicle Commission.
  • The police department will issue the temporary placard.

Residents with permanent disabilities may obtain either a permanent handicapped parking permit or handicapped license plates. There is no fee for either but only the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) can issue these. More information is available at the MVC web site.

Questions? Contact the records bureau at 973.989.7029.