The Randolph Township Police Department (Morris County) currently has one position open for a police officer and is seeking PTC-qualified candidates.
General Qualifications for Employment as a Police Officer in Randolph
Prospective applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Satisfy maximum age requirements as established by the New Jersey Police and Fire Retirement System;
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be sound in body and of good health sufficient to satisfy the board of trustees of the police and firemen’s retirement system of New Jersey as to eligibility for membership in the retirement system;
- Be able to read, write, and speak the English language well and intelligently;
- Be of good moral character and have not been convicted of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude (perjury, false swearing, unsworn falsification, etc.);
- Possess and maintain a current New Jersey driver’s license;
- Must successfully pass physical, written, and psychological testing as required.
Township ordinance states that:
- No person shall be appointed to the police department who is not qualified as provided in the New Jersey statutes and revised ordinances of the Township of Randolph; and
- Successful completion of a physical, mental and/or psychological examination if so required by the township manager. The physical shall include a urinalysis conducted in accordance with the standards and procedures as promulgated in the directive of the Attorney General of the State of New Jersey which test shall have not produced a confirmed positive test result indicating unlawful drug use; and
- Appointments shall be considered probationary for a period of one year. During the probationary period, the officer shall be an “at will” employee subject to termination by the township manager based upon a determination by the police chief that the probationary officer’s performance falls below acceptable expectations.
- The salary guide and benefits for new hires shall be defined by a collective bargaining agreement currently undergoing a negotiation process. Experience will be taken into consideration.
Preferences for employment consideration include:
- Eligible applicants who are currently employed by a New Jersey law enforcement agency or possess a valid New Jersey Police Training Commission certification as a police officer;
- Eligible residents of Randolph Township;
- Eligible minority and female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Questions may be directed to the Office of the Chief of Police.
The Township of Randolph is an Equal Opportunity Employer.