Update Posted January 28, 2021: Residents have reported some difficulties with the scheduling of appointments with their veterinarians due to changes in office procedures to comply with safety guidelines for COVID-19. Therefore, Randolph Township is extending the deadlines for pet licensing from January 31 (dogs) and February 28 (cats) to March 31, 2021. If the renewal is received after the March 31, 2021 deadline, there will be a $10 late fee. If you have any questions, please call the health department at 973.989.7050.
Pursuant to township ordinance, all dogs and cats seven months or older must be licensed and have a current tag affixed to a collar or harness.
- All dogs must be licensed by January 31st of each year; all cats must be licensed by February 28th each year.
- Rabies vaccination must be current through November 30 for dogs and December 31 for cats each licensing year in order to comply with the New Jersey State Department of Health requirement that the expiration date of the rabies vaccination expire no more than 2 months prior to the end of of the licensing period.
- Proof of rabies vaccination must be produced before the license will be issued. See below for information regarding our rabies immunization voucher program.
- Proof of neutering/spaying is required in order to obtain exemption from additional fees.
- Newly acquired dogs and cats which attain licensing age must be licensed within 10 days after such acquisition.
License applications are automatically mailed in December to all registered pet owners. For your convenience, we have also made these applications available for download from our website. These are fillable forms which may be filled out on your computer, saved to your hard drive and/or printed out.
Late fee after 1/31—$10.00 add’l
Late fee after 2/28—$10.00 add’l
There is no charge for licensing a seeing/hearing or service dog for the handicapped.
Free Rabies Immunization Voucher Program
Due to COVID-19, the Hodes Veterinary Group has opted out of Randolph’s rabies vaccination program this year. The six remaining veterinary practices have asked that pet owners inform them of the voucher prior to the administration of the vaccination.
Free rabies vaccinations are available to all dogs and cats belonging to Randolph and Rockaway Borough residents. These are discreet clinics located at the offices of participating veterinarians between January 1 and February 28.
The health department issues vouchers that are accepted by participating local veterinarians and included in the license renewal packet. You will not be required to pay in advance; the veterinarian takes care of the paperwork. Veterinarians request that you call ahead to schedule an appointment for the vaccination. If you use a rabies voucher, you MUST bring the license application (TWO copies) and a completed rabies voucher form with you to the veterinarian. If you have questions, call the health department at 973.989.7050.
American Animal Hospital
1202 Sussex Turnpike, Randolph, NJ 07869
Country Lakes Animal Clinic
378 Route 46, Mine Hill, NJ 07803
Hodes Veterinary Group
265 Route 46, Mine Hill, NJ 07803
Flanders Veterinary Clinic
270 Route 206, Suite #301, Flanders, NJ 07836
Dr. D. Howard
1 Knollwood Terrace, Mendham, NJ 07945
Rockaway Animal Clinic
328 Route 46, Rockaway, NJ 07866
Mountain View Veterinary
101 Route 46, Rockaway, NJ 07866