Services: Health & Wellness
Mental Health Resources
For individuals who are having a difficult time or are in some type of crisis, the following resources may help.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Everyone can help prevent suicide. The lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential emotional support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
Telephone: 1.800.273.TALK (8255)
- New Jersey Suicide Prevention Hopeline
- New Jersey’s 24/7 peer support and suicide prevention hotline. When you want to give up, tell yourself you will hold off for just one more day, hour, minute...then call. Their specialists are available for confidential telephone counseling and support 24 hours a day, 7 day per week.
- Atlantic Behavioral Health
- Atlantic Behavioral Health brings healing to patients dealing with mental health issues, substance abuse disorders and help in recovering from injuries, surgeries, diseases and other conditions. Highly trained psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and licensed clinicians help patients cope with the stress and emotional challenges caused by such physical ailments. Inpatient, outpatient and intensive outpatient programs available at multiple locations.
- Jewish Family Service of MetroWest New Jersey
- JFS provides comprehensive behavioral healthcare and related social services to individuals and families throughout all stages of life and takes Medicare, Medicaid and offers a subsidized sliding scale.
- Mental Health Association of Essex and Morris
- Mental Health Association provides services to children and adolescents who may have experienced trauma and/or other behavioral health challenges. The Mental Health Association embraces the faith-based community as a powerful resource in holistically addressing the needs of who they serve. They provide housing to the homeless...hope for individuals caught up in the criminal justice system who need treatment, physical health services and employment training.
- NJ 2-1-1
- NJ 2-1-1 will help you find solutions to personal needs by providing you with information about health and human resources in your community like food pantries, shelters, affordable housing, utility assistance programs, senior services, health and wellness programs and more. This service is free, confidential, multilingual and available 24/7/365.
Telephone: 211 or 1.877.652.1148
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- NAMI New Jersey (NAMI NJ) is a statewide non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness. Through education, support, advocacy and public awareness programs NAMI NJ fosters understanding about mental illness, confronts stigma often associated with mental disorders, advocates for public policies that benefit those affected by mental illness, and promotes research into the causes, treatment and recovery of mental health disorders.
- New Bridge Services
- New Bridge brings balance to people’s lives through counseling, housing and education. Their services include adult and family counseling, substance abuse treatment and addiction recovery, play therapy for young children, school-based prevention programs, youth employment and education services, adult day treatment programs, and outreach to the elderly.
- Saint Clare’s Behavioral Health Services
- Saint Clare’s Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive range of emergency, inpatient, outpatient and community-based services. Their programs incorporate a blend of proven therapeutic methods—including medication, education, counselling and support—designed to help individuals overcome challenges related to stress, mood, psychiatric and addiction disorders.
- Saint Clare’s Counseling Services for Adults, Children and Families
- Saint Clare’s Counseling Services provide psychiatric services along with individual, group and family counseling for adults, children and families. Their counselors can help individuals and families to cope with crisis and change, such as the death of a loved one, divorce, separation, or the loss of a job or to manage ongoing situations such as conflict within the family.
- Saint Clare’s Wellness and Recovery Center
- The Wellness and Recovery Center of Saint Clare’s Behavioral Health offers comprehensive services to adults (18+) living in Morris County who are experiencing a crisis or challenging and difficult circumstances. The center offers support, education, services and resources tailored to each client’s individual needs.