The Randolph Township Community Services Department provides transportation to and from medical appointments and shopping. This program is offered to permanent residents age 60 and above and disabled adults 18 and above who receive Social Security disability benefits.
Curb-to-curb transportation to local shopping centers (ShopRite or Walmart in Roxbury) is available one day a week on Mondays. You will be allotted 3 bag maximum. Monday, pick up times at homes start at 9:30am.
To ensure transportation is available, passengers are encouraged to contact the office. Friday during work hours (8:30am-4:30pm) is the cut off for shopping on Monday.
Transportation to and from doctor’s offices are available within a 10-mile radius from Town Hall. This service is available Monday-Thursday only. Appointments are available 9:00am – 3:00pm. It is best to call and schedule a ride as soon as you have made a medical appointment.
Dial-A-Ride Policies & Procedures
- To ensure transportation is available, passengers are encouraged to contact the office as soon as they have a scheduled medical appointment. No transportation appointments will be made with the driver. All appointments must be made through the office at 973-989-7084.
- The driver will call at the end of the day on the day before your medical appointment to let you know your pick-up time. Passengers should be ready 15 minutes before scheduled pick-up time.
- Passengers are advised to bring a light snack or drink with them in the event that they have to wait for return home transportation.
- Please make every effort to keep your scheduled medical appointment. If you are unable to make it, it is the responsibility of the passenger, family member or contact person to notify the office if an appointment is cancelled or changed. This should be done immediately when you cancel your appointment.
- If you are having a medical procedure involving anesthesia, you must have an aide with you on the bus. The driver will only pick up and drop off the aide at your residence.
- "Regular passengers" are passengers who go shopping every week. You must contact the office no later than 8:45 am if you are not going. Please call the office if you would like to be a "regular passenger."
- "Will call passengers," who go shopping once in a while, are asked to call the day before if you would like to go. If you call on the day of, you must call no later than 8:45 am.
- Please be ready for pick up by 9 am for shopping. Our routes change each day depending upon who will be shopping.
- Passengers using the program must be able to walk to the vehicle and depart unassisted unless accompanied by an assistant.
- Passengers must be watching for the township vehicle and come out as quickly as possible so that the driver can keep to his/her schedule and not keep other passengers waiting. The driver will pull up to your house and beep twice and if you do not come out, the bus/car will leave.
- Passenger walkways on township vehicles must remain clear at all times. No packages, arms or legs in the aisles please.
- Passengers needing to stop at the bank are asked to let the driver know when they enter the bus. Stops will only be made at those banks which are on the way to the designated shopping center for that day. No stops will be made on the return trip.
- Three grocery bags are permitted per person. It is the responsibility of each individual to carry their own bags. No personal shopping carts are allowed on the bus.
India Brook Village Tenants: For all types of transportation, the pick-up/drop-off location is the area between the two buildings where the flag pole is located.
If we have bad weather (snow or heavy rain) and the schools are closed, shopping will be canceled and medical appointments will be decided on an individual basis.