Water Rate Schedule
Quarterly water service rate-residential/commercial/professional/industrial and schools effective the 1st quarter billing of 2019:
|0 to 25,000 gallons consumption||$4.38 per 1000 gallons|
|25,001 to 50,000 gallons consumption||$7.71 per 1000 gallons|
|50,001 gallons and up||$12.38 per 1000 gallons|
A residential water user who consumes 27,065 gallons of water in a quarter pays a base rate of $23.35 plus $4.38 per 1,000 gallons for the first 25,000 gallons consumed, $7.71 per 1,000 gallons for consumption between 25,001 to 50,000 gallons, for a total quarterly charge of $148.78.
Fire Protection Annually
|a. Private fire hydrant||$200|
|b. Public fire hydrant outside the township||$200|
|c. Sprinkler system:||Sprinkler system fees: |
- Transfer Fee: There shall be imposed a fee of $40 for the transfer of a water account to the name of another person. Such fee shall be charged to the new account holder on the next succeeding service charge bill. This fee shall not be imposed for the initial establishment of an account for a particular piece of property.
- Turn off/on Fee: The curb box is to be maintained by the property owner and be accessible at all times. A charge of $50 shall be levied against any property owner for each turning on or for turning off water service upon owner's request when performed during working hours. A charge of $100 shall be levied for the same service performed at any other time, such as weekends or holidays. The Township shall be empowered to turn off a property owner's water service for non-payment of a bill. A charge of $100 shall be levied for turning on water service after it has been shut off for nonpayment of a bill.
- Special Read Fee: Except in those cases where a transfer fee is imposed, a fee of $50 shall be paid by any person who owns a rental unit and requests a water meter reading at any time other than the scheduled quarterly water meter reading.
- Manual Meter Reading Fee: A fee of $50 shall be imposed on anyone who does not hook into the automatic meter reading system, with the exception for those in which an automated meter could not be installed by the township. All property owners on the automatic meter reading system shall immediately notify the township of any change in their telephone number.
- Meter Testing: Upon request by the owner, the meter shall be removed, tested and reinstalled. No charge shall be made if the meter is found inaccurate by more than three %, and a replacement meter shall be reinstalled. Where applicable, prorated adjustments shall be made for past quarterly bills for a period of not to exceed one year. For meters found to be functioning properly, a charge of $120 shall be made.