Planning / Zoning
The Randolph Township Division of Planning/Zoning Administration/GIS (Geographical Information Systems), within the Randolph Township Office of the Manager, is commonly known as the planning department.
Staffed by a planning and zoning administrator and a zoning officer, this division administers all matters with regard to township land use and planning activities.
Planning activities, overseen by the planning and zoning administrator include:
- Advising on the completeness of applications pending before both boards
- Interfacing with consulting engineers and planners employed by the township council and both boards
- Supervising the development and maintenance of the GIS system
- Administering the tree protection and replacement ordinance
Zoning activities, administered by the zoning officer, include:
- Reviewing applications for development and/or construction prior to the issuance of construction permits to determine compliance with zoning standards
- Issuing zoning permits and zoning certificates of occupancy
- Performing regular inspections within the township to ensure compliance with zoning ordinances and approvals
- Issuing warning notices and/or summonses for violations of the zoning code or violations of site plan conditions as set by the planning board or board of adjustment
- Preparing reports on applications pending before the board of adjustment