Randolph's master plan is a multi-faceted document that provides a comprehensive guide for the management of future growth and development. Adopted in 2006, it was prepared by Clough Harbour and Associates LLP and Robert Michaels and Associates in consultation with town volunteers, elected officials, and professional staff.
With an eye towards preserving the unique character of the township-which has made Randolph such a desirable location for residences and businesses-the master plan serves as a formal statement of Randolph's policies regarding future land use and development.
Specifically, the master plan identifies and addresses many of the factors which have an impact on community life and focuses on Randolph's physical, social, economic, and aesthetic needs. It is designed to encourage sound growth and as such, sets forth criteria for the location of housing, commerce, and light industry, and makes the protection of existing natural resources and open space a priority.
The master plan is available online in PDF format or it may be viewed at the town hall during regular business hours.
- Housing Element and Fair Share Housing Plan - 2022 Amended
- September 2017 Mount Freedom Planning Study Update (PDF)
- 2016 Master Plan Reexamination and Master Plan Update (PDF)
- Adopting Resolution, Table of Contents (PDF)
- I. Introduction (PDF)
- II. Goals and Objectives (PDF)
- III. Land Use Element (PDF)
- IV. Community Design Element (PDF)
- IX. Parks, Recreation and Open Space Element (PDF)
- V. Housing and Demographic Element (PDF)
- VI. Circulation Element (PDF)
- VII. Utilities Element (PDF)
- VIII. Community Facilities Element (PDF)
- X. Conservation Element (PDF)
- XI. Historic Preservation Element (PDF)
- XII. Recycling Element (PDF)
- XIII. Relationship to Other Plans (PDF)
- Appendix A - Bibliography (PDF)
- Appendix B - Historic and Cultural Sites Listing (PDF)
- Technical Report Number 1 - Route 10 Corridor Study (PDF)
- Technical Report Number 2 - Mount Freedom Village Center Report (PDF)